Explore: Our favourite 6 restaurants in The Lanes
You can never go wrong with brunch, especially not in Brighton. Who said breakfast had to be eaten early in the morning? Or that lunch had to take place in the middle of the day? We definitely didn’t. Brighton has a whole host of exciting options for those who love to brunch and we’re going to talk you through our absolute favourite places in the area for you to do just that.
Hands down the best place in the city for pancakes, Nowhere Man is a retro café with a laid-back, welcoming atmosphere. Slightly off the beaten track, you’ll find this gem parallel to Western Road, one street further back. There are plenty of options to choose from but if you really want to experience the whole place properly then the right way to do it is by ordering their pancakes and don’t forget to ask for their home-made blueberry maple syrup. The perfect place to spend a relaxed Sunday, last orders at 4pm so no need to rush out in the morning. The coffee is also great, as are the cakes, donuts and the bagels, too. These guys know how to brunch.
– Location: 53 Upper North Street
– Open from: Monday to Sunday, 9.00am – 5.30pm
– Perfect for: A rainy Sunday afternoon
– Must have item: Any of their pancakes (vegan pancakes available too)
The New Club
The New Club has been named one of the top places for brunch in the UK and it definitely has earnt that title. It’s a New York style bar and diner, open from morning through til night. No matter what you fancy, there’s something on the menu that will take your fancy. To give you an idea, you can order traditional breakfasts, avocado and eggs, brunch burgers, brioche bacon rolls, homemade granola or pancakes, all served up with strong coffee and stunning sea views. Out-door seating, nearly right on the beach, makes summer brunches that bit better. This place is a true Brighton favourite.
– Location: 36 Ship Street
– Open from: 9.00am til late
– Perfect for: Sunny Saturday brunch with friends
– Must have item: Club Toast
Café Plenty is a café, meeting space and ongoing art exhibition with brand new tap bar, too. Though it’s open all times of the day and puts on fantastic evening events, too, it is up there with the most delicious places for brunch. Their French toast made from brioche bread is second to none and their savoury options are extremely Instagramable, generous and amazingly tasty, too. Although it’s slightly out of town, it’s close to Preston Park so makes for a perfect location for brunching before or after a leisurely walk. They’re dog friendly as well!
– Location: 3-4 Circus Parade
– Open from: 8.00am – 5.00pm
– Perfect for: Taking a client out for a late brunch after a meeting
– Must have item: Breakfast Super Salad
Lucky Beach serve brunch seven days a week and are extremely popular at the weekends so the earlier you can get a table, the better. Weekdays are less busy so if you’re able to have a leisurely morning then this is the place to go. Their locally roasted better than fair trade coffee is fantastic as is their sustainable and locally sourced menu. The food is beautifully presented and the view from the beach is always a plus. Plenty of options available at Lucky Beach for all types of diets, they even have vegan burgers which are available from 11.45am!
– Location: 183 Kings Road Arches
– Open from: 8.30am til 11.45am for brunch, til late for regular menu
– Perfect for: A Birthday brunch
– Must have item: EGGSLUT (folded eggs, caramelised onions, melted cheese, sriracha mayo, toasted brioche bun)
The new Red Roaster is a re-imagined version of the existing, buzzing cafe at the bottom of St James Street. World Interiors Designer of the Year Hana Hakim has worked her magic and the space is breath-taking. The modern, botanical, tranquil space serves brunch and lunch every day of the year from 7am. A regular for many of Brighton’s well-known faces, Red Roaster is a must-go-to if you’re a fan of beautiful interiors and equally beautifully presented food, too. Pop by to try out their Clean Treats on Wellness Wednesdays or wait for bottomless brunch at the weekend!
– Location: St James Street
– Open from: 7 days a week from 7.00am til 5.00pm – they become Pike & Pine Restaurant at night!
– Perfect for: Impressing your client with a stylish breakfast
– Must have item: Herb waffle with bacon jam and maple glazed streaky bacon, fried egg, apple and black pudding
Lost In The Lanes
We’re slightly biased but Lost In The Lanes has got to be one of the best places in Brighton for brunch. It’s tucked away on Nile Street which adds to its majestic feel inside, you really can get lost in the Lanes and end up having a stunning brunch, never wanting to be found again. Lost is always a good place to go, whether it’s for a quick coffee and pastry, a peaceful breakfast for one or a celebratory brunch with your friends and family. All of the food is fresh and locally sourced. With plenty of healthy options on the menu, look no further for ‘real’ food that people want to eat every day. A little bit of restaurant luxury to be enjoyed every day.
– Location: 10 Nile Street
– Open from: Monday to Friday from 8.00am til 5pm, Saturday to Sunday from 9.00am
– Perfect for: An ideal start to the day, alone or with company
– Must have item: Orange and earl grey granola with berry compote and greek yogurt